a complete turnkey solution for
that need to trade multiple client accounts
across multiple Wealth Managers
Professional Advisors often function as Wealth Managers, responsible for the gathering of customer assets while assigning separate Money Managers to execute and allocate trades among their multiple clients. Money Manager accounts allow these designated traders to register as Money Managers and accept client trading assignments from Professional Advisors, then trade for multiple clients from a single order management interface.
Register as a Money Manager by clicking the Start an Application button below
Money Managers do not add client accounts, fund client accounts, set client fees or set client trading permissions. Only the Wealth Manager (Financial Advisor) can perform these tasks.
Money Managers enjoy the following benefits:
- Market your trading services to Wealth Managers, who shop for registered Money Managers at our IB Money Manager Marketplace.
- Accept client account assignments from Wealth Managers (Financial Advisors).
- Log into a single screen and trade for clients across multiple Wealth Managers.
- Execute trades among multiple client accounts.
- Allocate trades to a subset of assigned clients for multiple Wealth Managers.
- Automated multi-client trade allocation and portfolio re-balance tools.
- Advisor clients are protected against margin cross collateralization. This safeguard means that an advisor cannot inadvertently enter a block trade for clients who lack sufficient margin.
Money Manager Structure Chart
For information regarding your account, contact Interactive Brokers by clicking here.
For information on SIPC coverage on your account, visit www.sipc.org or call SIPC at 1 (202) 371-8300.